Saturday, May 26, 2007

Stairway to.................?


Pain. Gasping. Numbness in the legs.
This can be filed under the category: "What was I thinking?"
Actually, not ALL that bad. Did involve gasping. And Pain. But tolerable, and it went away after a short while. In Lebanon, NH there exists a small ski hill. The hill boasts a ski jump, used by much braver (?) people than I. I came up to the landing area via a side trail, and spotted the stairs. I ran around to the bottom, dropped my pack, and casually jogged up them to the point where they level out, which is also the point where the ramp ends, launching intrepid skiers into space, soon to plummet down the landing area....across a wooden bridge, then up a small slope.
ANYWAY.....so then I got the hair-brained idea of SPRINTING up the steps. Back down I went. BOOM! up like a shot. for about 20 steps. Then it gets steeeeep. Or i got tired. plod, plod, plod.... after 30.71 seconds, I arrived at the little shack. clump, clump, clump...back down. (i can do better than that, right?)
WHAT? yep. BOOM! up like a shot. for about 20 steps. (deja vu?) so i got there 1.02 seconds faster this time. 20.69. YAY! mission accomplished.
I then set off jogging with pack along some of the side trails, waiting for Tracey and Bryce to call me to let me know they were headed home from dropping off Mike in southern NH.
We went to home depot...

OH! on the way home i called Tracey to see where they were, and as it turned out, they were on a stretch of interstate that parallels the road that I was ON...so i looked over, and WOW! there they were! NO JOKE. it was pretty cool.......

No comments: