Wednesday, September 10, 2008

what ever happened to....

ever get 'hooked' by something, and find yourself consumed by it? you spend most of your spare time researching it, looking for ways to further integrate it into your life.
then, almost as quickly as it began, it ends.
why is that?
an old friend of mine once told me that infatuation typically lasts 18 months. after that, if the interest remains, it will continue to interest you. if not, well, then not. seems simple enough.
i am not so sure.
right now, aside from being interested in improving my relationships within my family, i am not interested in much beyond keeping the kreb's cycle going. i am back to not sleeping. i am back to not wanting to eat, simply because when i do eat, i am headed to the head within 10 minutes. not fun. i went through a 'phase' when i really enjoyed reading. now i only skim articles online that i can finish in less than 5 minutes.
so i have been poking around, trying to find SOMETHING that i can be interested in and feel comfortable doing.
i have found running to fit. most of the time. i wish that there were more hours of daylight. but then that wouldn't fit with my need for more SLEEEEEEP. i can fall asleep, but can't seem to STAY asleep for more than 45 minutes. can't fall into REM (Rapid Eye Movement, not REM), which means that I can't get much rest, which means that i am typically cranky, sleep deprived, etc, etc, etc.
most important is eliminating the crankiness. this will GREATLY benefit my main goal of improving my relationships with my family.

No comments: