Saturday, September 6, 2008

CHaD Half Marathon


This past Thursday one of my coworkers asked me if i would care to be a part of a 3 person relay team to run the CHaD Half Marathon (www.chadhalf.org). After checking with my events coordinator extraordinaire, I agreed, and suggested that I run the middle section so that she could have the glory of the start and that our junior member (Ken...12 years old, i think) could have the glory of the finish chute.
WELL....as it turns out, the middle section is just over 6 miles long. Yep. I just entered a 10K road race. lovely. I haven't run that far in over 15 years.
Oh. did i mention rain? yep, it rained. the whole afternoon, and of course HARDER while I was on the course. I think i fried my mp3 player. 
At any rate, it was a great time. Here I am at the end of my leg, just after having handed the bracelet off to Kenny (12).
Tracey, Zach, and Bryce showed up and kept leap-frogging me on the course, so i would see them at these random places. It was a real boost for me to keep seeing my family out there, cheering me along, in the rain.
YAY, TEAM!!!!!

ok, going to try to sleep now. i hope i can get up in the morning!

peace, yo.
gene

No comments: