Sunday, November 2, 2008

a good morning



This morning I was fortunate enough to have M, L, and J along with me for a sunrise hike up Mt. Cardigan. This is the hike that I went on a few weeks ago. Nice, short, sometimes steep, very windy (near and at the summit). We got to the top about 2 minutes before the sun broke the horizon. It was very rewarding! We brought some hot cocoa, so we enjoyed that while we greeted the sun.
I had stepped in a bunch of water about 20 mins from the top, and while we were sitting there, my shoe froze, and my foot started to go numb. The hike down generated just enough heat to keep it thawed out, and all was well.
About 5 mins down from the top, we met a couple of hikers headed up. How nice it was to know that we were the FIRST people up there today.
Thanks again, T, L, and J, with a ver special thank you going out to T for allowing us the freedom to take the hike!!!!

Love ya!
+1, G
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: