Friday, November 28, 2008

what gives?

i have been trying to come up with a hobby that will allow me to be close to home most of the time (skydiving is out, climbing is out, racecar driving is out, etc. etc.), and I think i have found it.
Running. It can be done both metaphorically as well as literally, and doesn't require much in the terms of gear.
Just takes time. Which I don't really have much of, but I will try to squeak it out here and there.
T is very helpful in getting me to enjoy my hobby, but I am not always 'comfortable' doing it. I would like to see HER enjoy something first, then allow myself the pleasure of a hobby. So far I have not been able to turn this theory into practice, but I am not giving up.
I have been trying to get out at least twice a week, and over the winter I want to (read: plan to) increase that to 4 times per week, even if it means twice in one day. I am looking into race schedules for next year so that i can set some goals. Yea, that will help keep me motivated! Sweeeet. I have asked for a buncha bright clothes for the dark hours, and some cleats for the ice. I should be all set. The only thing that is in my way is ME.
So what gives?
Do I decrease the amount of time I spent asleep, by getting up even earlier in the morning (right now i get up at 445 most days)? Do i decrease the amount of time I spend with my family by running after work, thus getting home later? Something has got to give, i just don't know what it will be. can i squeeze in a quick 20 minute run during lunch? can't go too far in 20 mins, but i suppose it is better than sitting at a table doing nothing, right? No room at home for a treadmill. No time/money to go to a gym. (funny, i have come up with several excuses/reasons why NOT, but no solutions.
I need to become more solution oriented.

No comments: