Monday, November 24, 2008

silver linings

The roof of our hospital was set ablaze last week by some workers who are putting a new roof on part of the facility. I don't know who the architect was who designed the place, but he has a great marketing team...the roof is FLAT. which means, at least here in New England, that it WILL LEAK.
And it has. But now it has burned, too.
And we had to evacuate patients from the PACU down to med-surg, which made my afternoon very interesting. It was, though, one of those times where my past-life's leadership and calm under duress came in handy.
YAY.
See? Silver lining.
Another was today. I was sent to work in the scheduler's office, and was basically strapped to the desk all day. But at lunch i decided to get out and run up the local ski hill, and then some, and then do the stairs at the ski jump. Nice distraction, good pump in the legs, and I got to chat a bit with my dad.
Silver.
Lining.

No comments: